搜尋此網誌

2017年6月23日 星期五

Absurdity delights in absurdity

Many things I am not happy with. Many people I dislike. But I can't write them, for the flame of anger may tear me asunder, and that would be my foe's desire. I therefore turn to memory, turn to the past, turn to the bygones. When they present unpleasant things and beings become bygones, I may also begin to write them. Memory softens things, especially hearts.

Actually, anger may be the most lethal desire, the desire to destroy and destruct. Anger is a devil. There are many other devils, like envy, greed, laziness. One should make a list of his commandments to purify his polluted life. Life is polluted once it enters the world, even before it enters the world. Or life itself is a pollution? Only God knows. If that is the case, pollution is a sort of purity. Or according to some standard, the more polluted it is, the purer it is. If that the case, white and black could be thoroughly reversed. So could heaven and hell, virtue and evil, man and woman. The last couple now are virtually reversible.

I used to think dancing Indians in American films absurd, though that may be the attempted effect of the directors. Now I think my thought then ridiculous. Modern people of other races also have their loud and noisy rituals. It is usually called party, or karaoke. They yell, dance, howl, growl, cry, laugh, or burst into tears and other fluids. I mean sometimes they burst their drinks out of their mouth. That'a ugly and dirty. But sometimes it seems people have to make themselves ugly, dirty, lousy or cheap so as to feel happy. Some people abandon themselves to low things to seek for happiness. That very probably is not happiness. That is fleeting pleasure, no matter how thrilling it is. This is absurdity.

Absurdity delights in absurdity. Purity delights in purity.


沒有留言:

張貼留言