搜尋此網誌

2016年11月13日 星期日

Let the world be---I shouldn't care much about who wins

The election result was published a couple of days ago and it ignited great discussions, debates and disputes among people. In the beginning, I was also eager to present my opinions and ideas, believing I was right even the person I preferred lost. But I was fed up after viewing too many opinions and ideas, seeing that it was not wrong to believe one's belief but it was not right to insist that all different opinions were wrong.

People could be blinded by slogans, propaganda and their self-righteousness. The older people are, the more hopelessly they may be contaminated by those diseases. It is understandable that people need a sense of belonging and need a group to identify with. It seems only in this way could they feel a kind of delusional security. I don't know if this is lingering psychological atavism, but I decide to distance myself from it and try to obtain inner calmness.

Mindful internal tranquility is not easy to achieve, I still believe it is an epiphany-like thing that may occur in an instant. It is a precious thing that will nourish one's soul and temperament. It is beneficial to an individual in both practical and spiritual sense, just like the Buddhist saying indicates: Lay down the killing sword and a Buddha could thenceforth come into birth.

The Chinese literati Lu Xun once said: There was once no path on the ground; paths are created by beating feet. Another well-known Chinese aphorism enlightens that "No trouble would trouble any soul until he troubles trouble."

My time is limited and unfathomably valuable. I should invest it in worthwhile deeds and thoughts.

Let the world be. Heaven won't fall.

沒有留言:

張貼留言